Think of a time when you or someone you know used informal language in a situation where formal language may have been more appropriate. What happened? Looking back, what could have been said differently, and what did the situation teach you about choosing your words carefully?

   I often talk to my mother like she is one of my friends. So I asked her for a favor, but it’s not the best language. Her response was not what I was looking for. I think I could changed how I approached her and began how I spoke. This situation taught me that it is important to speak more properly and nicely when you want to seem for persuasive.

In class we went over the differences between formal and informal language. 

I learned this it is not only important to write in formal language but also speak in a formal language in some situations. It can also make one sound more persuasive and convincing when wanting something?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Write about a conversation that changed you.

Write about something that you believed as a child.

With 4.5-week grades posting on September 2, reflect on your experience in AP Language so far. What has been going well for you, what has been challenging, and what is one thing you need to improve moving forward?