Think about your practice with the “So What?” method today. What is one thing you understand about commentary now that you did not fully understand before? How will you apply it when writing your next AP Lang argument?

  Something I understand about commentary now is that evidence tells the what but commentary does the heavy duty by answering the so what? True commentary forces logical progression, using words like because rather than relying on phrases like this shows. In my own writing, I need to ensure that every piece of evidence is followed by at least 23 sentences of a deep in depth explanation, making the commentary longer and waiter than the evidence itself.

The class we gave commentary to multiple different claims along with evidence in 2-3 sentences.


It’s important not to introduce your commentary words like “This shows”. I would like to know more on how to better introduce my commentary and ensure that I am explaining why evidence correctly. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Write about a conversation that changed you.

Write about something that you believed as a child.

With 4.5-week grades posting on September 2, reflect on your experience in AP Language so far. What has been going well for you, what has been challenging, and what is one thing you need to improve moving forward?