Think about the word or phrase you find yourself using the most right now. What is it, what does it mean, and why has it become part of your everyday vocabulary? Explain when you typically use it and what your choice of this word or phrase might reveal about you
A word that I constantly find myself saying is the word “like”. I think the word like serves as a verbal pause in a conversation while thinking of the next word to say. For me, the word like has become a habit and is and automatic word for me to say during a conversation. It makes conversations feel more natural. This word has become and everyday word in my vocabulary because it has served as a filler word that I use to explain something in a conversation while thinking and I have been using it for quite a while. I think using this word every can reveal a more relaxed style and approach in communication.
In class today we wrote down the definition of 15 vocabulary words and answered questions for the textbook.
I learned multiple different vocabulary words that didn’t know before and how they can be used in writing and interpreted. I think I can use a lot of the words to improve my writing by by replacing some words.
Comments
Post a Comment