Think about a time when you made a claim or gave an opinion, but someone asked you, why?, Or how do you know? Describe the situation. what events did you use to support your point, and why is explaining your evidence just as important as proving it?
One very controversial claim that I have made in the past is that an iPhone is better than an android. Because my Brother had been an android user he almost immediately asked me “why and how do you know that? I pointed out that apples, sophomore support, Saying that iPhones Regularly receive major updates many years after their release, Where has androids stop receiving updates after I 1 to 2 years. Another thing that I pointed out is that it has many features like AirDrop iMessage and iCloud, which allows iPhones to work alongside other Apple devices like a MacBook or an iPad. I also explained that because Apple designs the chip and operating system iPhones run way more smoothly and maintain a high-performance for years without wearing down. explaining evidence is just as important as proving it because raw facts cannot speak further themselves and they do require clear context to be understood correctly.
In class, we looked over the story ambush called Tim O’Brien, and discussed it as a class.
In class today I learned that in class today is very important to back up your claims with credible and reliable evidence because just providing evidence does not mean it is correct and must be explained. I tend to provide evidence a lot without giving context which will affect me in the future.
Comments
Post a Comment