How has living in or around Atlanta influenced the way you see your community, culture, or identity? If you were speaking to someone unfamiliar with Atlanta, what would you want them to understand about your community?

         I think living in Atlanta has influenced the way I see the community by seeing how it really shapes the unique identity and how it has a really deep civil rights history and really creative culture. The environment has a strong sense of a diverse community and shared hospitality. The city self has a really amazing legacy of activism and is still shared and has shaped the city today. If I were to speak to someone that were unfamiliar with the city, I would tell them about the diversity and inclusion that Atlanta has and how it brings multiple different people from all over the world with different traditions and perspectives.

In class, we read and listened to the Keisha Lance Bottoms speech during the George Floyd killing protest And discussed the rhetorical situation.

 

I learned that you can relate a lot of issues to yourself to make an argument stronger like how Bottoms did when she mentioned to her 14 year-old son when she was speaking.  Which could have been Chance to call out other mothers that are in the same situation. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Write about a conversation that changed you.

Write about something that you believed as a child.

With 4.5-week grades posting on September 2, reflect on your experience in AP Language so far. What has been going well for you, what has been challenging, and what is one thing you need to improve moving forward?